Legal Marketing Services for Lawyers
Depending on your firm, your legal marketing activities may require anything from high-impact, in-person networking with your ideal referral base, to improving your online presence. You may spend a lot of time having lunch and delivering presentations, and find you need help developing fresh branding, getting more effective publicity and streamlining your client development process. All this, and even the nitty-gritty, critical details like upgrading SEO and getting the most bang for your social media buck can be handled by our highly qualified, professional outsourced marketing agency. When we take over your firm’s marketing plan, you can focus on doing what you do best: delivering legal services to your clients.
Legal Marketing Solutions
We deliver marketing strategies and solutions with proven results. Whatever your legal services marketing needs are, Professional Services Marketing is here to help guide you and your firm to success.
Why is Marketing Important for Attorneys?
They don’t teach you how to market your law practice in law school. Unless you have an undergrad degree in marketing, you’ve likely received NO training whatsoever on how to successfully market your firm. Successful lawyers understand that investing in your marketing efforts will lead to a steady increase in revenue for years to come. Following the Four Pillars of Marketing™, we help our clients develop a tailored marketing plan to help your firm prosper.
When you need the best legal marketing solution for your practice, call Terrie.
PSM’s President and Founder, Terrie S. Wheeler, MBC has been helping market lawyers and law firms for over three decades. She cut her teeth providing in-house legal marketing services at three of Minnesota’s largest law firms. In 1997, Terrie took the bold step to start her own business. Since then, she has grown her team to over 20 legal marketing professionals and developed a results-oriented processes to provide the highest quality outsourced marketing and marketing coaching for attorneys.
Because she teaches marketing and client service at three law schools, and serves as vice chair of the executive committee, for the Lawyers Board of Professional Responsibility, Terrie is uniquely skilled at developing ethical marketing for lawyers, as well as helping lawyers interested in honing their legal marketing skills. Law firms that choose to work with PSM for their legal marketing are making an investment in their future. Don’t believe us? Check out our client feedback. The PSM team takes pride in understanding what makes your firm tick and developing tailored solutions to increase your bottom line. Whether you’re a solo-practitioner or a small-medium sized firm, PSM is eager help you succeed.
Ready to Jump Start your Legal Marketing?
Consider the Quick Start Rainmaker Package.
Whether you’re a new firm looking for a comprehensive way to get your name into the marketplace, or an established practice with an older website in need of a refresh, the Quick Start Rainmaker Package is for you. We’ll get to know you and what you do in order to develop a unique, polished, consistent way for potential clients to interact with your law firm. We know that not every firm has the budget for full-time marketing staff; let us be your one-stop-shop for everything from establishing a brand strategy to building and promoting your professional website. Gain access to our tools and expertise, a custom communications strategy, and compelling content that will demonstrate the experience you bring to your clients and differentiate you from your competition.
PSM’s legal marketing work is delivered on various levels:
- Firm-wide – We’ll consult on those marketing activities that will benefit the entire firm. Take our assessment to find out if your firm is a good candidate for our outsourced marketing solutions.
- Geographic Focus – We can leverage targeted PR, social media, and other marketing opportunities relevant to your firm’s geographic location.
- Industry – We can work on pulling various practices together to help you pursue business in specific, targeted industries.
- Practice Group – We will develop legal marketing strategy plans to win new business for each practice group within your firm, reaching important prospects for those attorneys.
- Individual Attorney Coaching – Do you think you need help developing and implementing a personal marketing plan? Find out if you would be a good candidate for our Individual Lawyer Marketing Coaching.
- Group Marketing Coaching – Our experienced partners will lead training sessions to coach groups of attorneys with shared growth goals.
Law Firm Marketing Related Blogs:
PSM Helps Employment Law Firm Generate Millions in New Revenue by Focusing on Physician Employment Matters
We like to show people, not just tell them about the value we bring to their law practice. To that end, we thought you would like to read one of our many success stories.
Plaintiff’s Employment Law Firm
In a meeting with Lawrence Schaefer, President of the Minneapolis law firm of Schaefer Halleen, Terrie helped the Larry identify a group of high earning clients; those with complex employment claims because of the nature of their positions, and high overall earning power. We discussed several client groups that met our criteria, and for whom Larry had delivered services over the years. We decided to start with Physicians and Medical Professionals.
PSM developed a specific marketing strategy geared to attracting physicians and other medical professionals. Elements of the plan included:
- Articles – Pitching and placing articles in publications read by physicians and medical professionals including Minnesota Physician, and MD News
- Presentations – Soliciting speaking engagements for Larry with organizations serving the physician and medical community, and other lawyers who could refer physician clients to the firm
- Representative Experience – We worked with the firm to create specific pieces of representative experience designed to showcase the firm’s legal representation of physicians and medical professionals
- Testimonials – Because the firm’s medical clients were so pleased with the firm’s representation, they were more than willing to provide testimonials and reviews sharing their favorable perceptions with the world!
- Blogging – Over the course of the first few months, and continuing today, the firm wrote a series of blog posts on topics that physicians would be interested in like peer review, negotiating employment and buy-in agreements, and other news specifically of interest to physicians
- Social Media – The firm included updates specific to physicians and medical professionals on its LinkedIn and Facebook pages, including links to recent blog posts written by firm attorneys
- Printed “Sell-Sheet” – PSM created a printed summary of the firm’s capabilities representing physicians and medical professionals. The piece was used in the lobby, when attending events attracting physicians, and were given to physicians who signed the firm’s retainer agreement
- Targeted Communications – Twice per year, PSM creates a targeted communication to physicians which features updates in the physician practice, changes in the laws affecting physicians, and links to blog posts
- Videos – PSM assisted the firm in creating a series of videos answering specific questions physicians have about their employment agreements and what to do if they are being discriminated against. These videos are also on the physician-specific page of the website
- Website – PSM created an entire page on the website built just for physicians and medical professionals and featured:
- Services Summary
- Articles Written
- Presentations Given
- Blogs for Physicians
- Representative Experience
- Search Engine Optimization – PSM worked with its SEO team on the development of a proactive SEO strategy designed to draw physicians and medical professionals to the firm’s website. Recently, the flow of new business into the firm was so high the firm (kiddingly) suggested we put our SEO efforts on hold! In one week, the firm received inquires from a neurosurgeon, an anesthesiologist, and a heart surgeon. Each physician became a client.
Since the efforts above have been implemented in concert, the firm has attracted scores of physicians and millions of dollars in new revenue to the firm. This targeted marketing initiative was so successful, the firm is now repeating it with women professionals, executives, the LGBTQ community, and professionals experiencing sexual harassment.
As a successful attorney, you may sometimes be busier than you’d prefer to be. In your busiest moments, it’s tempting to reevaluate your schedule and look for ways to cut back on your time commitm...
Many small firms and solo practitioners have a good understanding of marketing and how it affects their business. If you don’t have an expansive marketing department like a large firm would, you’v...
Not all clients are a pleasure to work with. Some are demanding and high maintenance. Others don't respond to requests for information or pay invoices on time. These are what we call "toxic clients." ...
Let’s face it, attorneys are a driven bunch, and that can sometimes mean the grass always seems greener on the other side. As new opportunities for growth present themselves, whether that may be...
Each year, an influx of bright-eyed new attorneys joins the workforce. Even so, the percentage of female attorneys remains disproportionate. In addition, thousands of women attorneys leave their firms...
As 2018 comes to a close, many solo practitioners and small professional services firms are taking some time to reflect on the year’s triumphs and struggles. If you’ve been doing the same,...