PSM Marketing is a Local SEO Company St. Paul and Minneapolis
Let’s say a potential client or customer goes to Google and wants to find your business or organization. What’s the likelihood that your website will appear on the first page of search results? You can test this right now by opening an incognito window in your internet browser and doing a test search. If your website doesn’t come up on the first page of Google search results, you need to improve your Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO). You want to make it as easy as humanly possible for potential clients to find your website. Local SEO is the key to that. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, PSM Marketing has a team of local SEO experts who can help make that happen.
Local SEO Services are a Game Changer for Small Firms in St. Paul and Minneapolis
Our local SEO experts work with law firms, financial advisory firms, CPA firms, non-profits, contractors, and small businesses to drive organic, local SEO. Many of our clients attribute their success to PSM’s local SEO efforts. In fact, we’ve had several clients actually request that we “dial down” the local SEO because they’re being inundated with new leads. That’s a pretty good problem to have (if you ask us).
If your website isn’t ranking well on Google, it’s less likely that you’ll have leads come in through the internet.
Defining Important Local SEO Terms
SEO has been around since 1997, which is only six years after the first ever website was published. Since then, it has become something of a mystical beast for many small business owners and professional service providers. Most people know they “need SEO,” but would be hard-pressed to actually explain what that means. To help break it down, here are some terms frequently used regarding local search optimization:
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization. Manipulating metadata and backlinks to improve your website’s organic search ranking.
- Organic Search Ranking – How high in Google’s search results your website appears without the use of paid advertising.
- Impressions – How many people saw a link to your website on Google.
- Backlinks – The number of links pointing to your site from other websites.
- CTR – Click Through Rate. How many people saw your website’s link on Google and then actually clicked on it to visit your website.
- Google 3 Pack – When conducting a search on Google, the search engine will often show a map with the three search results that best describe your search query. PSM can help elevate your listing so it appears on the Google 3 Pack.
- Google My Business – When you do a search for a business on Google, this is a helpful information box that appears on the right side of the screen. It shows business hours, telephone number, contact information, testimonials, etc.
- Google Reviews – Google reviews are really important in increasing your local SEO. Try to get in the habit of soliciting reviews from happy clients/customers.
- Google Analytics – A tool produced by Google that allows you to track the traffic, acquisition, and behavior of your website visitors.
- Meta Title – The page title that appears on Google’s search results page
- Meta Description – The short page description that appears on Google’s search results page
- Permalink – The URL for any given page on your website
Measuring the Success of Local Search Optimization Services in St. Paul and Minneapolis
One question we receive from business-savvy clients is, “How can we tell if this local SEO is working?” It’s a good question with a simple answer. We can track it! Our local SEO experts begin every SEO relationship by conducting an audit. This audit tells us your average website traffic compared to competitors, your current webpage rankings, number of backlinks, and whether or not your meta titles and descriptions are optimized.
SEO isn’t something you do once and then forget about. To find true success in SEO, you have to play the long game. Most of our clients see drastic results after 4-6 months of local SEO services. We measure the success by comparing your page rankings and website traffic month-to-month.
Contact Our Local SEO Experts in St. Paul and Minneapolis
Investing in your local SEO is one of the smartest things a small business or non-profit can do. Your website could have the most compelling content in the world, but it doesn’t mean much if your potential customers can’t find you. Contact our local SEO experts online or by calling (320) 358-1000.