Kristy: Partner & Marketing Consultant
“It’s extremely important to me that clients are able to share what is unique about themselves and their practice. Fully understanding a client and developing a clear strategy for marketing is what brings me so much satisfaction in my work.”
KRISTY L. GUSICK
After spending 16 years as a financial services entrepreneur and growth consultant, Kristy joined PSM as a partner in 2012. Kristy has the innate ability to make you feel like she has known you forever. A “people person” down to her core, Kristy not only has the business savvy to work with professionals, but the know-how and networking connections to get it done. With her entrepreneurial spirit, no goal seems out-of-reach. Kristy’s experience in business development, marketing, sales, and coaching, has spanned the financial, legal and professional services industries.
Closer to home, Kristy is consistently striving to get her two children to listen to what she has to say. She also enjoys being a volunteer at her kids’ school and is actively involved in her church.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Human Development, Career Development emphasis, Colorado State University
Having started her own financial services business, Kristy knows what it takes on all fronts to succeed. She also helped build two other successful practices and can easily understand the business owner’s perspective. She has recruited new talent, hosted numerous successful seminars, brought in millions of assets under management and supported other advisors in doing the same. Bottom line – she knows what it takes to be successful in the business world and understands the essential role sales and marketing play in achieving that success. Professional Services Marketing, LLC’s proven marketing and coaching process coupled with Kristy’s experience is the closest thing to guaranteed success you can find in the sales and marketing coaching world.
With her years of experience in marketing, business development and sales within the professional services industry, Kristy has a developed a vast and powerful professional network that she often leverages to benefit her clients and their business development efforts. With Kristy, it isn’t only what she knows, but who she knows that graces anyone fortunate enough to travel in her circle of influence.
Kristy is zealous about meeting new people, nurturing relationships, making connections and creating results. Her personality strengths in these areas empower her work and fuel her desire to help others succeed in business and in life. A competitor in and outside of the office, Kristy takes the same approach to her foxhunting escapades and show-jumping competitions as she does to her client’s growth goals – using tenacity, enthusiasm, discipline and confidence to succeed.
- Currently serve as a strategic marketing and sales coach to financial advisors and other financial services professionals successfully helping them drive new revenue into their practices
- Founded a successful private investment firm that focused on serving retirees; grew the firm and successfully sold the practice for a profit
- Closed business resulting in multi-millions of dollars in assets under management and coached financial advisors on how to replicate Kristy’s process
- Recruited, trained and educated scores of independent investment advisors for a regional investment brokerage firm
- Directed all new business development efforts for an investment firm specializing in private placements such as Tenants in Common 1031 Exchanges, land banking, oil and natural gas energy, and equipment leasing programs
- Held Series 7, Series 63, and Series 22 securities licenses for over 13 years
Kristy has conducted hundreds of client education seminars on financial planning and wealth conservation strategies. Kristy has also presented to many financial services groups locally and nationally on topics including:
- Using Social Media to Develop your Financial Services Practice
- Compliance Requirements for Financial Advisors using Social Media
- How Financial Advisors can use Social Media to Generate New Business
- Best Practices for Financial Advisors to Develop a Solid LinkedIn Profile
- How to use LinkedIn to Become a Thought Leader
- Member and Chair, PR Committee, Minnesota Financial Planning Association, 2013 – present.
PSM has been tremendously helpful in getting me back on track and validating my own marketing strategies to help make them more effective. Every owner of a professional services business would benefit from PSM’s one-on-one coaching approach. ...Read More
PSM has been tremendously helpful in getting me back on track and validating my own marketing strategies to help make them more effective. Every owner of a professional services business would benefit from PSM’s one-on-one coaching approach. I have received several referrals for new business because of my more disciplined approach to referral source communications. Because of my coaching relationship with PSM, I feel more settled in my everyday routine and confident that it is working. I have already referred PSM to others and will do so again.Read Less
You were able to identify new areas/ways of looking at things and the final product was very well received by our clients.
You are very professional in everything you do, you take the time to get to know us/our industry, and you are fun to work with!