“It’s extremely important to me that clients are able to share what is unique about themselves and their practice. Fully understanding a client and developing a clear strategy for marketing is what brings me so much satisfaction in my work.”
KRISTY L. GUSICK
I became a partner at Professional Services Marketing LLC (PSM) in 2012 after spending 16 years in various roles in financial services. My experience in business development, marketing, sales and coaching spans the financial services, legal and other professional services industries. I also make time to remain very involved with the Financial Planning Assn. of Minnesota, and am a member of the Public Relations Committee.
The greatest satisfaction I get from my role at PSM comes from knowing that our work is really having an impact on our client’s business and, ultimately, in their lives. I really enjoy seeing people learn new things about their strengths that then lead to them gaining more confidence in themselves – and their ability to gain new business for their firm or practice.
When not devoting my attention to helping my clients grow their businesses, I enjoy riding horses, reading and volunteering. You could say that horses and being outside are in my blood, having grown up on a farm in Michigan. And last year, my family and I moved to a hobby farm just east of the Twin Cities where I live with my husband, kids, four horses, two cats and one dog. My girls and I love playing Polocrosse. Polocrosse is a sport played on a horse with a Lacrosse-like racket and a large rubber ball. During the summer, we travel around the country on weekends competing in Polocrosse matches. To make travel easier, recently we purchased a horse trailer which houses not just all of the horses but has living space for the entire family. My family and I are also actively involved in our church, Eagle Brook, where we’ve been members since 1995.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Human Development, Career Development emphasis, Colorado State University
Having started her own financial services business, Kristy knows what it takes on all fronts to succeed. She also helped build two other successful practices and can easily understand the business owner’s perspective. She has recruited new talent, hosted numerous successful seminars, brought in millions of assets under management and supported other advisors in doing the same. Bottom line – she knows what it takes to be successful in the business world and understands the essential role sales and marketing play in achieving that success.
Professional Services Marketing, LLC’s proven marketing and coaching process coupled with Kristy’s experience is the closest thing to guaranteed success you can find in the sales and marketing coaching world.
With her years of experience in marketing, business development and sales within the professional services industry, Kristy has a developed a vast and powerful professional network that she often leverages to benefit her clients and their business development efforts. With Kristy, it isn’t only what she knows, but who she knows that graces anyone fortunate enough to travel in her circle of influence. Kristy is zealous about meeting new people, nurturing relationships, making connections and creating results. Her personality strengths in these areas empower her work and fuel her desire to help others succeed in business and in life. A competitor in and outside of the office, Kristy takes the same approach to her foxhunting escapades and show-jumping competitions as she does to her client’s growth goals – using tenacity, enthusiasm, discipline and confidence to succeed.
- Currently serves as a strategic marketing and sales coach to financial advisors and other financial services professionals successfully helping them drive new revenue into their practices
- Founded a successful private investment firm that focused on serving retirees; grew the firm and successfully sold the practice for a profit
- Closed business resulting in multi-millions of dollars in assets under management and coached financial advisors on how to replicate Kristy’s process
- Recruited, trained and educated scores of independent investment advisors for a regional investment brokerage firm
- Directed all new business development efforts for an investment firm specializing in private placements such as Tenants in Common 1031 Exchanges, land banking, oil and natural gas energy, and equipment leasing programs
- Held Series 7, Series 63, and Series 22 securities licenses for over 13 years
Kristy has conducted hundreds of client education seminars on financial planning and wealth conservation strategies. Kristy has also presented to many financial services groups locally and nationally on topics including:
- Using Social Media to Develop your Financial Services Practice
- Compliance Requirements for Financial Advisors using Social Media
- How Financial Advisors can use Social Media to Generate New Business
- Best Practices for Financial Advisors to Develop a Solid LinkedIn Profile
- How to use LinkedIn to Become a Thought Leader
- Member and Chair, PR Committee, Minnesota Financial Planning Association, 2013 – present.
Regarding your competitors, there is no comparison. You have been far better than any that I have worked with in my practice.
I believe PSM offers a much more personal approach to our company than other consulting firms. PSM is genuinely interested in making us a better company rather than just getting paid. It helps when working with business consultants like PSM who are indeed interested in the success of our company.
Thank you thank you thank you!!! Your support, encouragement and direction have been great.
Showing genuine concern for the services being marketed – enthusiasm for the marketing plan – and a willingness to listen and to try new things. Professional Services Marketing possesses all of those traits.
You guys have been so helpful, in not only preparing our marketing materials, but giving us a firm sense of direction for the next year. You have assisted in giving us the confidence to make this a successful year and the first month has shown what an impact you have made.
Not all clients are a pleasure to work with. Some are demanding and high maintenance. Others don't respond to requests for information or pay invoices on time. These are what we call "toxic clients." ...
You know you need a blog on your website. You’ve heard all of the statistics on how it will drive traffic to your website and increase SEO and make you a thought leader, and, heck, you even have...
If you’ve invested in a high-quality website built on an updated platform, give yourself a hearty pat on the back. But your website is much like a house or car: in order for it to retain its val...