We like to show people, not just tell them about the value we bring to their law practice. To that end, we thought you would like to read one of our many success stories.
Type of Client
Plaintiff’s Employment Law Firm
In a meeting with Lawrence Schaefer, President of the Minneapolis law firm of Schaefer Halleen, Terrie helped the Larry identify a group of high earning clients; those with complex employment claims because of the nature of their positions, and high overall earning power. We discussed several client groups that met our criteria, and for whom Larry had delivered services over the years. We decided to start with Physicians and Medical Professionals.
PSM developed a specific marketing strategy geared to attracting physicians and other medical professionals. Elements of the plan included:
- Articles – Pitching and placing articles in publications read by physicians and medical professionals including Minnesota Physician, and MD News
- Presentations – Soliciting speaking engagements for Larry with organizations serving the physician and medical community, and other lawyers who could refer physician clients to the firm
- Representative Experience – We worked with the firm to create specific pieces of representative experience designed to showcase the firm’s legal representation of physicians and medical professionals
- Testimonials – Because the firm’s medical clients were so pleased with the firm’s representation, they were more than willing to provide testimonials and reviews sharing their favorable perceptions with the world!
- Blogging – Over the course of the first few months, and continuing today, the firm wrote a series of blog posts on topics that physicians would be interested in like peer review, negotiating employment and buy-in agreements, and other news specifically of interest to physicians
- Social Media – The firm included updates specific to physicians and medical professionals on its LinkedIn and Facebook pages, including links to recent blog posts written by firm attorneys
- Printed “Sell-Sheet” – PSM created a printed summary of the firm’s capabilities representing physicians and medical professionals. The piece was used in the lobby, when attending events attracting physicians, and were given to physicians who signed the firm’s retainer agreement
- Targeted Communications – Twice per year, PSM creates a targeted communication to physicians which features updates in the physician practice, changes in the laws affecting physicians, and links to blog posts
- Videos – PSM assisted the firm in creating a series of videos answering specific questions physicians have about their employment agreements and what to do if they are being discriminated against. These videos are also on the physician-specific page of the website
- Website – PSM created an entire page on the website built just for physicians and medical professionals and featured:
- Services Summary
- Articles Written
- Presentations Given
- Blogs for Physicians
- Representative Experience
- Search Engine Optimization – PSM worked with its SEO team on the development of a proactive SEO strategy designed to draw physicians and medical professionals to the firm’s website. Recently, the flow of new business into the firm was so high the firm (kiddingly) suggested we put our SEO efforts on hold! In one week, the firm received inquires from a neurosurgeon, an anesthesiologist, and a heart surgeon. Each physician became a client.
Since the efforts above have been implemented in concert, the firm has attracted scores of physicians and millions of dollars in new revenue to the firm. This targeted marketing initiative was so successful, the firm is now repeating it with women professionals, executives, the LGBTQ community, and professionals experiencing sexual harassment.